Monday, 6 April 2015

A Close Shave

A Close Shave 17.5 x 6 inches SOLD
So here's something a little different for me for my 'painting in a day' series. I've painted cattle in the past, and would like to do more, but I never seem to get round to taking any photographs. Sheep I've never painted, though there are one or two photographs in our library that have been whispering to me over the years.  This is one of them, taken by my husband some years ago at a neighbours farm.  The light is gorgeous, just the sort of thing I like to paint, and the freshly shorn sheep a challenge to paint with all those dimples and ridges!  A friend bought this one whilst it was still wet, and one or two other people expressed an interest. It gives me confidence to paint more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment